Berlinale Talent Campus: Einladung für Filmkritiker
Berlinale Talent Campus, Goethe Institute and FIPRESCI invite young film critics to Berlin.
Dear Friends of Film, we would like to invite you and/or your colleagues to apply for THE TALENT PRESS, a project of the Berlinale Talent Campus, Goethe Institute, and FIPRESCI (International Federation of Film Critics). Young film critics and film journalists will be invited to Berlin to report on the films at the 56th Berlin International Film Festival (February 09-19, 2006) and on the events of the Berlinale Talent Campus (February 11-16, 2006).
The application phase for THE TALENT PRESS starts now. The following application criteria can also be found online at www.berlinale-talentcampus.de:
Eligible are young film critics or journalists:
- who are fluent in English (writing and speaking)
- who are under 30 years
- who are eager to report on films within the framework of the Berlin International Film Festival and on events held during the Berlinale Talent Campus 2006
- who have published articles in newspapers, film magazines, on websites or at universities.
The participants are expected:
- to work equally in all fields of journalism – you will write interviews, reviews, reports, articles and features on the Berlinale Talent Campus and the Berlin International Film Festival
- to attend daily editorial meetings with their mentors (see below)
This material may be published on www.berlinale-talentcampus.de and www.fipresci.org. Participants will grant unlimited use and exploitation rights in and to all articles and reviews done in the framework of the Berlinale Talent Campus and the Berlin International Film Festival.
The participants will be offered:
- a share of the travel expenses according to their country of origin
- free accommodation in youth hostels in Berlin from February 09 to 17, 2006
- the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to meet and to be with 500 young talented filmmakers from all over the world and to experience the day-to-day buzz of a prestigious A-Festival
- young film critics will be guided through the Berlin International Film Festival by Peter Cowie (former International Publishing Director of “Variety” and author of many books on film), Derek Malcolm (“Evening Standard”), Oliver Baumgarten (Chief Editor “Schnitt”) and other renowned film critics. Every day, the critics will write a critique about a film from the festival programme or short reviews of an event at the Campus programme, and will discuss and review it with their fellow participants and film critics.
Your online application should include:
- Curriculum Vitae and Personal Data (Address, E-Mail etc.)
- up to three original copies of articles that you have published in the last two years (if these articles are not in English you should supply us with a decent translation as a proof of your English writing skills for each article)
The steps to completing an online application:
- Participants can only apply on the Berlinale Talent Campus website ww.berlinale-talentcampus.de.
- All the relevant information and the application form can be found under the menu point APPLICATION. Be sure to choose the Talent Press Application.
- Get an application number on our website.
- Log in and fill out the complete online application form.
- Please ensure that you have filled out the online application completely. If you are unable to upload your articles you must send them by regular mail.
- Your work must be at the Berlinale Talent Campus by December 1, 2005. Please make sure your name and application number are clearly displayed on your articles.
If you have any queries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The application deadline is December 1, 2005. Successful candidates will be notified by the end of December.
Watch out for the NEW FEATURES ON THE WEBSITE! The Talent Campus website www.berlinale-talentcampus.de has been completely relaunched to offer more information at a glance about talents, alumni and the renowned experts. We have also introduced two exciting tools:
- 1. Use the CAMPUS CALENDAR to find out about important dates and events related to the Campus, to get the word out on events and festival screenings, or to see what other Talents are busy doing: www.berlinale-talentcampus.de.
- 2. Use the CAMPUS BLOG to access every article or news release published by the Campus-Network. This quick gateway to Planet Talent also offers another way to give us feedback – comments and TrackBacks are welcome. You can log in at: http://blog.berlinale-talentcampus.de.
Hungry for news about film and fresh talent? The CAMPUS RSS-FEED enables your news-reading programme to follow the activities of the Campus in a comfortable way.
(nach einer Pressemitteilung des Berlinale Talent Campus)